The BDA Good Practice Scheme shows our patients that we are committed to working to a standard of good practice set by the profession’s national association and shows we’re working to high quality standards.
At the heart of the scheme is the Good Practice Scheme commitment: a ten point statement on providing a quality service. To meet this commitment and join the scheme, our practice had to satisfy a number of relevant standards, all of which are based upon a consensus of what is regarded as good practice by the profession.
The BDA Good Practice award is not just another inspection scheme. Inspections alone do not guarantee the ongoing delivery of quality dental care; only the commitment of everyone working in the practice can do that. That is why all of our staff have made that commitment and contribute towards providing a service that you, our patients, can trust.
- Our practice is a member of BDA Good Practice
- We keep up to date with standards of good practice and provide the best care for our patients
- We are assessed periodically by the BDA to ensure our practice continues to comply with the requirements
- We involve our patients in all aspects of their care and ensure that their needs and preferences are considered and that they can make informed decisions
- We ensure a safe environment by undertaking risk assessments and managing potential hazards within the practice. We follow current guidelines for preventing cross-infection
- We recruit staff that are competent to undertake the duties associated with their role and provide training where required. We encourage on-going professional development for all members of our team
- We monitor the quality of the service we provide and seek the views of our patients to identify opportunities for improvements.
For further information, please click here.